The RVRANZ is a national association, focused on providing a voice for residents’ in retirement villages, concerning the issues related to the legislation and code of practice that govern the organisation and running of retirement villages.
The RVRANZ – has been formed to promote and protect the rights of retirement village Residents’ in New Zealand.
The focus is on the Retirement Villages Act 2003 and the Retirement Villages Code of Practice 2008.
The Act defines the rights of retirement village residents’ when they commit to a Occupation Right Agreement (ORA) with the owner of the retirement village, in which they purchase a licence to occupy a villa, cottage, or apartment.
The purpose is
- To have Residents’ views and requirements taken seriously
- To highlight anomalies and injustices in the Act
- To identify and point out anomalies and injustices in the way the Act is interpreted.
CONSTITUTION & RULES
- Peace of mind knowing that there is an association that’s ensuring fair and equitable terms for retirement village living [See ‘Achieved to date’]
- Quarterly newsletters on developments within the sector and stories from around the country on how residents’ are making the most of village life.
- Assistance with connecting you or your residents’ committee to additional help, if needed.
- Your membership also assists village Residents’ who may not enjoy the same conditions as you.
Retirement is a journey Not A Destination
Please feel free to use this form to contact us through the