ADVOCATES IN YOUR REGION
For retirement villages information:
- call Freephone number 0800 268 269,
- email the Retirement Commission at
Care and Assistance
There are additional cost implications if you or your spouse need home support services, or are needs-assessed for residential care while you are living in a retirement village.
See the flowchart explaining different types of care costs for different types of accommodation. It includes tips and links to further sources of information.
Online Services for Senior Citizens
There is a range of services available online, or you can:
- call Freephone number 0800 552 002 to make enquiries about’ New Zealand superannuation or your entitlements as a senior citizen,
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- send a letter to Senior Services, Ministry of Social Development, PO Box 5054, Wellington 6145,
Office for Senior Citizens
Within the Ministry of Social Development is the Office for Seniors, headed by Hon Ayesha Verrall, Minister for Seniors.
Click here Ministry of Social Development’s Senior Services to open a link to view details on the services this ministry can provide.
The website also lists:
- your rights and entitlements as a senior citizen
- where you can get support.
Please feel free to use this form to contact us through the